Abilene Christian University entered into a contract with ALPHA to perform a Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) for 47 buildings, to evaluate vehicle and pedestrian pavements and to aid in the implementation of PlanningDirect, a Cloud-based capital planning solution used to forecast facility needs and justify funding requirements.
Facility and pavements data were input into PlanningDirect in order to estimate current and future funding requirements for facility sustainment. This predictive approach to asset management is known as Capital Planning and is used to anticipate funding and maintenance needs many years into the future. The scope of work included:
- Identify and document present conditions of approximately 1.8 million square feet of facilities and approximately 1.3 million square feet of vehicular and pedestrian pavement.
- Identify and document remaining service life of the major building systems to include building envelope, HVAC systems, elevators and architectural finishes.
- Forecast future facility renewal requirements based upon life-cycle analysis of existing facilities and equipment over the span of the next fifteen years for each facility.
- Provide a Facility Condition Index (FCI) for each facility.
- Provide composite Facility Condition Index for the entire portfolio and facility groupings.
- Provide an equipment inventory of major HVAC equipment.
- Provide preventive maintenance schedules for equipment contained in the equipment inventory.
- Input the following information into SchoolDude’s PlanningDirect software:
- Facility condition information
- Pavement condition information
- Equipment inventory for HVAC equipment
- Preventive maintenance schedules